31st December 2020
Alvic Plastics Ltd, part of the BSW Timber Group, is one of the largest wood composite manufacturers in the United Kingdom. We provide exceptional manufactured products to industry sectors, including construction, fencing and landscaping.
- Telford, TF7 4PL
- £Competitive + Benefits
- Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off, days & nights.
We’re looking for skilled Extrusion Operatives to join is in producing high quality products and ensuring continued productivity of the extrusion process. To ensure standards are met, you will gauge and monitor product quality, monitor machine settings and make tool changes to meet production demands.
Specifically, some responsibilities of an Extrusion Operator include;
- Supply and maintain correct raw material feed to extruders.
- Carry out pre-start up checks top extruders and ancillary equipment.
- Set extruder temperatures and running settings.
- Constant monitoring of machine conditions, settings and product quality to meet our high standards and reporting any suspected deviation to immediate supervisor and QA team.
- Pack, label and correctly count profile within specified requirements.
- Identify and report any mechanical or electrical faults of machines to supervisors and maintenance teams.
- Logging and recording production, quality and finished products
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
Already experienced in the manufacturing industry, you are hardworking, motivated and have great attention to detail. In addition, you’ll have:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good computer skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a busy environment.
- Extrusion background and knowledge of extrusion processes would be advantageous.
In return you can look forward to a developing career with one of the industry’s leading employers, as well as a competitive salary and employers’ contribution to pension scheme.
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com specifying the role that you are applying for in your email.