26th March 2021
Alvic Plastics Ltd, now part of the BSW Timber Group, is one of the largest wood composite producers in the United Kingdom. We provide an exceptional and increasing range of manufactured products to a variety of industry sectors, including construction, fencing and landscaping markets.
General Manager (Plastics/Rigid Extrusion Sector)
- Based Telford, Shropshire TF7 4PL
- Attractive Package, Including Company Car
Reporting directly to the CEO and with widespread budgetary accountability, your brief will focus on promoting a ‘continuous improvement and right first-time culture’, whilst also sharing direct responsibility for the overall success of the business, including the impact on corporate goals and objectives.
Ideally, we’re looking for a proven performer, who can combine a broad Operations and General Management background in the rigid extrusion sector, with extensive plastics experience, including having successful managed and grown a plastic extrusion company. In addition, you should also be able to demonstrate:
- Hands-on leadership skills gained at a senior level, along with the ability to lead and mentor teams through periods of high-pressure, growth and programme/product launches
- A good degree of business know-how and familiarity with P&L controls, budgetary management and reporting of progress against commercial milestones or deliverables
- Strong presentation, communication and customer facing skills, backed by a solid grasp of team building, skills development, performance analysis and resource planning activities
- A genuine and practical understanding of production planning, involving capacity versus demand, as well as stock control/management and KPI’s
Interested? To apply, follow this link to be directed to our careers portal: https://vacancies.bsw.co.uk/job/147302
Closing date for applications: 26th February 2021
The Company’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available on www.bsw.co.uk/careers/terms